Monday, April 7, 2008

Idea Mobile- A Fraud Idea!!

I had to make some calls on the 31st March. So I called the idea customer support executive and asked them what is the best deal for calling to USA and Saudi Arabia. The person talled me that they have a Rs. 79 deal which upon charging, I will get US call rate of Rs. 1.99 and Saudi call rate of Rs. 6.99 for one month. So I went to the neighboring shop on 1st April morning and charged for Rs. 79. The store guy told me it is Rs. 80. As I just talked to the customer support executive, I told the store cashier that it is Rs. 79. Now he charged me for Rs. 79 and I got a text message saying that amount is charged and my balance is same as what was before.

That evening I got a text message asking me how was the customer support executive's treatment. They asked me to send Yes to 4001 if the service was good and No if the service was not satisfactory. I send an Yes, thinking every thing was alright.

When I called at night I was charged like Rs. 6.50. So I called the customer sipport executive again. They told me it was Rs. 76 and not Rs. 79. So I won't get the deal. I told them that this was a mistake on the customer support executiv'e part as they gave me the wrong information. I asked them to get it fixed for me. They gave me a communicaion ID and told me the issue will be resolved by next afternoon.

Nothing happened by the next afternoon. So I called again and was given a new communication ID and told the issue will be resolved by that evening 7PM. I called to US on that night again and the result was the same. So I called the customer support again and they told me they have nothing to do. So I went on their website and founfd the name of their Kerala area manager and sent him an email explaining what happened and requesting him to get the issue resolved for me. I got a reply for that email saying that they checked the records and no mistake happened from my side.

If this is the way they are treating their customers, they need to change their advertisement from "a good idea" to "A Fraud Idea".

7 comments:

Suvi Nadakuzhackal said...

Customer is the king in western countries. Here they treat you like you are a piece of crap!!

HappyMan123 said...

Now you got GOOD IDEA how worst a customer support can be. I recently had some bitter experience from ICICI Bank call center executives. Let all the customers unite and fight against these type of "customer care".

Mathew Cherian
Dallas, USA

Suvi Nadakuzhackal said...

The sad thing is that the government won't allow the multi national companies like walmart to come to India and do business here. They would have given better service as Mathew would know from your experiences in USA.

The communists are opposing development for fear of losing their vote bank. If India develops, then they won't have their base who are willing to strike and cause hartala and bandhs. They don't mind the Indians cheating and looting Indians as long as the evil MNC is not allowed in here.

Anonymous said...

It's working well.
I am getting an average of 1.5 dollars per day. and i drew 5 cheques worths 100$ each till now.

to get the best out of it, place the ad on the english blogs where google identifies the content correctly and places the relevant ads.

just try it again and let me know if any progress.


Thanks,
Munna

Unknown said...

Very sad, most of the customer cares are like this only.When they want us to take any new offers from them they will have thousand words to convince us. but when we have to fix some issues, they will gave some reasons to hide the mistakes on their part

Unknown said...

is there a so called customersupport existing in india !!!!!!

sujo

Suvi Nadakuzhackal said...

There are some customer support executives out there.